Gate valve is a common valve, according to the classification can be divided into parallel gate valve, wedge gate valve, lift gate valve, rotary rod gate valve, fast open and close gate valve, shrink gate valve, flat gate valve.
Correct installation of the valve note five things to know:
1. Handwheels, handles and transmission mechanisms are not allowed to be lifted, and collisions are strictly prohibited.
2. The double gate valve shall be installed vertically (ie, the valve stem is in a vertical position and the handwheel is at the top).
3. The gate valve with bypass valve should open the bypass valve before opening (to balance the pressure difference between the inlet and outlet and reduce the opening force).
4. The gate valve with transmission mechanism shall be installed in accordance with the instructions of the product manual.
5. If the valve is always on and off, lubricate it at least once a month.
Gate valve precautions during installation:
1) The installation position, height, and direction of import and export must meet the design requirements and the connection should be firm and tight.
2) All types of manual valves installed on the insulation pipe shall not be downwards.
3) Before the valve is installed, a visual inspection must be performed. The nameplate of the valve shall comply with the provisions of the current national standard "General Valve Mark" GB 12220. For valves with a working pressure greater than 1.0 MPa and a shut-off effect on the main pipe, strength and tightness tests should be performed before installation. In the strength test, the test pressure is 1.5 times the nominal pressure, and the duration is not less than 5 minutes. The valve housing and the packing should have no leakage as qualified. For the tightness test, the test pressure is 1.1 times the nominal pressure; the test pressure shall meet the requirements of GB 50243 standard for the duration of the test, and no leakage of the valve sealing surface shall be qualified.
4) Handwheels, handles and transmission mechanisms are not allowed to be lifted. No collision is allowed.
5) The gate valve with transmission mechanism shall be installed in accordance with the instructions of the product manual.
In order to ensure the normal use of the gate valve and longer service life, please carefully follow the above gate valve precautions.